Cognitive Solutions Learning Center is aware that the statewide Illinois shelter-in-place order that Governor Pritzker has been extended to May 30th to lessen the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Cognitive Solutions Learning Center is continuing to see clients on a very limited basis during this time. The services we provide are essential to the mental health and vitality of our clients, especially during this time of disruption to daily learning and vocational lifestyles.
Your health and safety while in our care is always our highest priority, and are taking every precaution to ensure your well-being during your visit to our office. Below, please find our practice’s policies and procedures regarding the care and safety of all during this time of increased health concerns, specifically regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are prepared to navigate these challenging circumstances with everyone’s safety and health in mind.
Cognitive Solutions Learning Center will maintain the following policies and procedures:
- We have updated our open hours to 10am-3pm and all appointments will be scheduled within this time-frame. Our doors will be remained locked and clients are required to call the main office when arriving at the appointment. Each client (and staff member) will be administered a COVID-19 screening on the phone as well as a temporal temperature when entering the building to assure the client is cleared for services. Clients will receive hand sanitizer immediately when allowed in the building.
- We ask no more than 2 individuals to attend the scheduled appointments. We ask no additional children to attend appointments except if the client is the child. For any appointments lasting more than one hour, we are only scheduling children 12 and over.
- Clients are required to bring their own masks and wear them during their appointment. Staff will be required to wear face masks within the building as well.
- While our office remains open, we kindly ask that if you are sick, please plan to stay home. Please do call or email to notify us and we can support you in rescheduling your in-person psychological evaluation and neurofeedback appointments. Please discuss with your learning specialist the possibility of in-home learning specialist sessions or virtual sessions, up to the discretion of client and specialist. If this is after 5:00PM or on the weekends, please reach out directly to the clinic manager via email to make those adjustments.
- While our cancellation policy requires 24 hours (3 business days for evaluations) notice to cancel or reschedule an appointment, we will waive that fee should you become ill in less than 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. This requires you to call or email us to let us know you are ill. No show cancellations will still be charged the late cancel fee. If you are sick and diagnosed with COVID-19, we ask that you wait 14 days before coming to the office and you have been cleared from a physician. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the policy, please contact the clinic manager to discuss.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often throughout the day. Effective washing relies heavily on friction. The best practice is to wash with soap and hot water for at least 30 seconds. Medical professionals advise that soap is particularly effective in destroying the COVID-19 virus. To assist us in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we ask that all patients who enter our office wash their hands upon arrival and use hand sanitizer if available.
- Wipe down surfaces often with Lysol® or similar disinfectant. Our office is wiping down all surfaces at the start of each day, throughout the day, and at the end of the day, especially commonly touched things such as doorknobs, light switches, and couches. We also are increasing our deep cleaning and sanitization of the office. We do not ingest Lysol or other disinfectant products.
Failure to abide by these guidelines will result in immediate cancellation of the appointment and a cancellation fee of $150. These guidelines are to protect the individuals within the building and failure to follow is a risk to all, which we will not tolerate it at CSLC.
Please feel free to discuss with your clinician and/or reach out to our administrative team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to support you.