Executive Functions Training
Executive Functions Tutoring and Classes
Cognitive Solutions Learning Center, Inc. in Chicago has created a program that promotes the development of executive functioning and organizational skills for students of all ages. The program will provide each student with many of the tools and strategies necessary to help the child take a more systematic and organized approach to their learning experience.
Learning executive functioning and organizational strategies and practicing consistent routines can help students achieve great success both in school and in their personal lives. The earlier students adopt and implement executive functioning strategies, the easier problem solving is for them.
Areas of instruction include:
• Setting up and teaching long-term use of an individualized folder system
• Locker/backpack organization strategies
• Color coding systems for organizing notes and materials
• Creating concept maps and linear outlines using an interactive writing program
• Direct instruction on the use of daily planners/assignment notebooks, including time management, longitudinal project breakdown, and exam/test preparation scheduling.
• Test preparation strategies for all subjects and content area
• Reading strategies to improve comprehension and retention of material
One on One Executive functioning tutoring takes place at our center year round. Executive functioning tutoring groups are formed on a need basis. Please contact us to sign up for individualized tutoring or to add your child’s name to our group list.
For professionals, we offer one on one and group training in executive skill development to help you better serve your students and patients.
To determine which of our programs is the best fit for your needs, please Email Us, or call and speak to one of our clinical professionals (773) 755-1775.